What a healthy, delicious dinner! This honey orange glazed salmon with asparagus dish is perfect for when you want to cook a nutritious meal that will please everyone’s palate.
The honey and orange flavors are so rich and sweet, while the salmon provides an excellent source of omega-3s. As well as being easy on your waistline, this recipe is also low in calories, high in protein and vitamin D, and packed with heart-healthy fats.
Honey Orange Glazed Salmon
This glazed salmon recipe is a healthy sheet pan dinner that’s easy to prepare. Pair it with asparagus, and with less than 5 minutes of prep and about 15 minutes of cooking time, you’ll have dinner ready in less than 25 minutes.
You can make this yummy salmon dish year-round, but it would also work well during the summer months when you tend to crave seafood! The honey gives this dish a sweet flavor which balances out nicely with the tanginess of the orange juice and balsamic vinegar.
Salmon also has omega-fatty acids that are good for heart health and fighting inflammation. It is high in protein, vitamin B12, vitamin D, and selenium.
If you’re new to cooking salmon in the oven, honey orange glazed salmon is a great recipe for beginners!
Serve this orange glazed salmon over asparagus, as seen here, or it’s great over rice as an alternative side dish. You can also try sautéing some spinach or green beans with garlic salt before baking them alongside the fish.
Here’s another recipe that might interest you: Keto Salmon Patties.
Orange Glazed Salmon Ingredients
While there are many different ways to make honey orange glazed salmon, here are the ingredients we used:
- salmon fillets
- fresh orange juice
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
We also served asparagus alongside this dish, and it was tossed in the same glaze. Yum!
How to Make the Salmon Glaze for this Glazed Salmon Recipe
In a medium bowl, combine the orange juice, honey, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic. Season generously with salt and pepper and brush over the salmon.
That’s easy enough, right?
We also use the same yummy glaze to coat the asparagus. Every bite is full of flavor!
Recipe for Honey Orange Glazed Salmon
Who doesn't love a meal that is fast and tastes great? And with this quick, easy recipe for honey orange glazed salmon with asparagus, you can enjoy the best of both worlds. From start to finish in less than 25 minutes!
- 4 6-oz. each salmon filets
- 3 T. fresh orange juice
- 2 t. honey
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1½ lb. asparagus, tough ends removed
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Place the salmon filets skin side down in the center of the baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the orange juice, honey, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic. Generously season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and brush over the salmon.
- Add the asparagus to the bowl with the orange juice mixture and gently toss to combine. Season with additional salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Arrange asparagus around the salmon filets in a single layer and place sheet pan in pre-heated oven. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or just until the salmon is flaky and the asparagus develops a bit of color, being careful to not overcook the salmon.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 503Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 42g
These nutritional calculations might not be accurate. Please speak with a licensed nutritionist to assist you.
Side Dish Options
As you can see, we already paired this orange-glazed salmon with asparagus. It’s a delicious combination! But if you’re looking for other yummy side dish options, here are a few to try. We also have a detailed post on side dishes for salmon that you have to check out!
– Honey-roasted Carrots: toss honey with olive oil and then carrots on a baking sheet, drizzling with the honey and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Roast for about 30 minutes or until carrots are tender; serve warm alongside the honey orange glazed salmon!
– Mashed Potatoes: while you’re cooking your glazed salmon in the oven, boil up some new red potatoes (or use leftover ones from last night) and mash them together with butter, milk, cream cheese, sour cream, or whatever other ingredients you like best. Season to taste – we recommend adding salt and/or chopped chives if available.
– Rice Pilaf: this is a rice dish that’s quick and easy to make. Boil up a cup of white or brown rice, then stir in some frozen peas, corn kernels, diced onion (or chopped fresh onions if you have them), finely grated carrot (optional but yummy), and season with salt/pepper to taste. Add butter (and more veggies if you like!) for extra flavor at the end before serving alongside your glazed salmon!
– Broccoli: this steamed vegetable is so easy – just chop it into florets and add a drizzle of olive oil on top along with some salt and pepper seasoning while it cooks in the microwave oven; serve warm as desired alongside honey orange glazed salmon.
– Roasted Brussels Sprouts: you can’t go wrong with these nutrient-rich vegetables. Slice them in halves or quarters, toss them with a drizzle of olive oil, and roast for about 15 minutes in the oven before tossing the orange glazed salmon on top for an easy meal!
If you enjoyed this Honey Orange Glazed Salmon recipe, try these other seafood recipes we think you’ll like: