Who doesn’t love a good cake recipe? Strawberry Banana Pineapple Cake Recipe is the perfect mix of sweet and fruity flavors that will make you smile.
This delicious dessert is made with a yellow cake mix, instant vanilla pudding, crushed pineapple (drained), frozen strawberries, bananas, and Cool Whip. It’s easy to prepare and even easier to eat!
This is a perfect summer recipe because it’s served in Mason jars. It can be assembled once and refrigerated until serving time, making it the perfect dessert for those hot summer days when you don’t want to turn on your oven!
What are the ingredients to make this recipe?
For this Strawberry Banana Pineapple Cake Recipe, you are going to need:
Yellow cake mix – Yellow cake mix can be found just about anywhere, and you can enquire about substituting it with a fun flavor like chocolate or marble..
Instant vanilla pudding – You can make this recipe even more delicious by using flavored instant pudding, such as French vanilla flavor, or you can even use strawberry flavored!
Crushed pineapple (drained) – This is for the “fruit” portion of this cake and should be drained first so that you’re not left with too much liquid on top of your cake.
Frozen strawberries – These are used to give some aesthetic appeal while also adding sweetness and another layer of fruity taste. They come in different flavors, including strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, and many others, so you could try out other ones if you want to mix things up depending on what type of fruit mood you are in today!
Bananas – Bananas add a creamier and sweeter taste while also adding a natural banana flavoring to the cake.
Cool Whip – This adds that cool whipped cream topping to your “punch bowl” for all those who like something cool on their cakes!
Mason jar (or punchbowl) – Mason jars are an excellent choice because they fit so well with this theme of being fruity in nature, and it’s easy for you or whoever is going to eat the cake afterward. You can pop these into the fridge when you’re done so that they stay fresh!
Refrigerate overnight – The longer time given means more flavor will infuse throughout, making it even better tasting in comparison to if you tried eating it right then and there.
What type of cake box is recommended for this recipe?
The store-bought yellow cake box is recommended for this recipe because it has a nice flavor that goes nicely with the pineapple, pudding, and strawberries.
What size mason jar should I use for this cake?
Mason jars are an excellent choice because they fit so well with this theme of being fruity in nature, and it’s easy for you or whoever will eat the cake afterward. You can pop these into the fridge when you’re done so that they stay fresh!
The larger size will be best if you want a full cake out of it.
What should the cake be mixed with?
You’ll need to bake a yellow box according to the instructions on the back of the package and then set it aside so that it cools before you put in all of your ingredients. You will want to ensure that you have strawberries, one can of crushed pineapple (drained), and two bananas for this recipe!
How long does Strawberry Banana Pineapple Cake Recipe take?
This particular recipe takes about an hour or more, depending on how fast your oven heats up. It would be best to let this cook steadily at 350 degrees Fahrenheit instead of trying out different temperatures because there is no way for you to know the perfect temperature.
What are the directions to make this cake?
– Bake the yellow cake according to instructions, and then let it cool
– Make a box of instant pudding according to instructions and store it in the refrigerator to let it set.
– Cut up the cake into small chunks. These will be your layers! You can put them in glass jars, a punch bowl, or anything else you have on hand. The Mason jar is trendy because they are so versatile with other things.
– Spread some pudding over each layer before adding more toppings like pineapple, bananas, strawberries, etc… Remember: make sure to alternate between textures by keeping your spoonfuls from being too full at any given time. This way, you won’t break through all of the layers, which would result in fewer tasty bites!
– Add some more pudding to each layer, and then top it off with a final layer of Cool Whip.
– Cover the dish or container in plastic wrap, place it in the refrigerator overnight, and you’re done!
What other fruits can I use for Punch Bowl Cake?
You can use any seasonal fruit but remember to cut it up beforehand and mix it with the other fruits.
I don’t have a cool whip. Can I use something else?
You can use any flavor of whipped cream you want or even some other type of topping.
How do I make Cool Whip?
Place the following ingredients in a blender: whip cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract (or vanilla ice cream). Blend on high for 20 seconds until fully combined.
What is an easy way to get all my toppings into my cake?
The best way to cut up your fruit if it’s frozen, like strawberries and bananas, is ahead of time so that they are easier to mash with a spoon later on. When cutting them, a good rule of thumb is just make thin slices before slicing off chunks; this will give you large pieces, which makes more sense than small strawberry bits mixed in with your cake.
If you’re using fresh fruit, just cut it up before putting it into the bowl and stirring in some of that tasty cream!
Does Cool Whip need to be refrigerated?
– Yes, because whipped cream is made from dairy products like milk or heavy whipping cream, which can go bad if left out at room temperature for too long. The sugar content also makes this dessert a great place for bacteria to thrive, so make sure you store any leftover whipped topping in an airtight container inside the fridge.
Check out these amazing recipes:
- Easy Strawberry Kiwi Lemonade
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Roll Ups
- Easy Strawberry Breakfast Turnovers
- 2 Ingredient Banana Bread
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 (6 oz.) package of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 (10 oz.) packages of frozen strawberries (we used one with syrup)
- 2 bananas
- 1 tub Cool Whip
- Bake the yellow box according to the box direction and set aside to cool.
- Make the instant pudding and set in the fridge to get cold.
- Cut the cake into small chunks and put in a small bowl (punch bowl) or Mason jar.
- Spread pudding, then pineapple, bananas, and strawberries. Then add Cool Whip.
- Repeat layering.
- Refrigerate overnight.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 498mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 2gSugar: 40gProtein: 3g