Don’t you just love cute Rice Krispie treats? They’re fun, easy, delicious, and really versatile. You can make them with homemade treats or dress up the store-bought version, which is what we did here. They’re perfect for a Frozen-themed party or just to make in winter on a snow day with the kids. Let’s get started!
Why You Should Make These Winter Rice Krispie Treats
- With lots of white chocolate and blue sprinkles, they’re perfect for a Frozen party
- They’re super easy to make since we start with store-bought Rice Krispie treats
- Kids will love them, decorated or not, but a few sprinkles here and there add to the fun
Ingredients for these Frozen-Themed Rice Krispie Treats
Here’s what you’ll need to pull these fabulous little sweets together. Affiliate links are included, and we earn a commission on qualifying purchases:
- 8 ct package of Kellogg’s Rice Krispie Treats (this link is for a 24 pack)
- Wilton 12 oz White Candy Melts
- 8 popsicle sticks (make sure you get food grade popsicle sticks, not craft popsicle sticks)
- Blue & White Sprinkles (this pack has a fun variety)
How to Make Cute Rice Krispie Treats
Step 1 – Open the Rice Krispie Treats and throw away the wrappers.
Step 2 – Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 3 – Insert one popsicle stick into the bottom of each Rice Krispie Treat, and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
Step 4 – Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Step 5 – Pour the Wilton Candy Melts into a microwave-safe dish and heat in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring occasionally until melted.
Step 6 – Dip each Rice Krispie Treat into the melted white chocolate, and use a spoon to coat the treat 3/4 of the way. Let the excess melted white chocolate drip back into the bowl, and then place the dipped Rice Krispie Treat back onto the baking sheet.
Step 7 – Sprinkle the treat with blue and white sprinkles.
Step 8 – Repeat this process with all your Rice Krispie Treats
Voila! You’re done, and you have a bunch of cute Rice Krispie Treats ready for the kids.
What to Serve with these Frozen Themed Rice Krispie Treats
If you’re looking for more Frozen-themed ideas, here are a few of our favorites from other blogs:
Any of these would go along nicely with our Rice Krispie Treats!
Popular Substitutions and Additions
- Change them out for any holiday or party theme by changing the color of candy melts and the sprinkles
- Use cookie cutters to cut them into fun shapes before inserting the popsicle sticks
How to Store Decorated Rice Krispie Treats
Best Way to Store Leftover Decorated Rice Krispie Treats
You can store Rice Krispie Treats at room temperature for about 2 days. If it’s very warm inside your home, you may want to put them in the fridge, where they’ll last a little longer. Store them in an airtight container to keep them from getting stale.
Can I Free Rice Krispie Treats?
You sure can. You can keep them in the freezer for about six weeks, stored in an airtight container or zip-top bag. Take them out the night before you want to eat them, and let them defrost in the refrigerator. Alternatively, you can put them on the counter at room temperature for 15-30 minutes before serving.
Blue and White Rice Krispie Treats FAQs
Can I use homemade Rice Krispie Treats?
Of course! You may find that they fall apart a little easier when trying to insert the popsicle sticks, though, so put them in the fridge for about 20 minutes before AND after inserting the popsicle sticks to help them hold up better.
What can I use instead of popsicle sticks?
Try using paper straws instead if you prefer. Lollipop sticks will also work nicely.
Other Kid-Friendly Desserts You’ll Love
If you make these cute Rice Krispie Treats, please tag us on social media or share with us in the comments. We’d love to know how they turned out!
These cute Rice Krispie Treats are covered in white chocolate and blue and white sprinkles, making them perfect for a Frozen-themed party.
- 8 ct package of Kellogg's Rice Krispie Treats
- Wilton 12 oz White Candy Melts
- 8 popsicle sticks
- Blue & White Sprinkles
- Open the Rice Krispie Treats and discard the wrappers.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Insert one popsicle stick into the base of each Rice Krispie Treat and place it on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, pour the Wilton Candy Melts into a microwave-safe dish and heat in the microwave in 30-second increments stirring occasionally when melted.
- Dip each Rice Krispie Treat into the melted chocolate and use a spoon to coat 3/4 of the way. Let the access melted chocolate drip back into the bowl.
- Place the dip Rice Krispie Treat on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with the blue & white sprinkles.
- Repeat with all treats.
Serving Size:1 Rice Krispie Treat
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 0gSugar: 35gProtein: 0g
These nutritional calculations might not be accurate. Please speak with a licensed nutritionist to assist you.