Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies are a classic treat that everyone I know loves and enjoys.
These cookies can be made ahead of time, scooped, and then frozen when you are ready to use!
These chocolate chip walnut cookies are to die for! Bursting with melty chocolate and nutty walnuts, these are the perfect combination of nutty and sweet! Serve these to your favorite people, and they’re sure to please!
The combination of chocolate and walnut is perfect, and the texture of the cookies is spot on! So whether you want cookies for the kids after school or you need a quick and easy dessert to bring to a get-together, these cookies fit the bill!
These chocolate chip walnut cookies are sure to be one of those recipes you add to your “made and good” binder. They are delicious! If you love a good cookie, then this recipe is for you!
Can I freeze walnut chocolate chunk cookie dough?
These cookies can be made a day or two in advance. The longer the cookie dough sits, the more the flavors develop.
To freeze the dough to bake later, drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet; flatten the dough slightly. Freeze. Place frozen dough balls into a resealable plastic freezer bag; seal bag. Place the bag in the freezer.
To bake, heat the oven to 375°F. Place frozen dough balls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 14-17 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
What should be the Taste and Texture of my cookies?
On the outside, your cookies should be slightly crunchy and golden. Chocolate chips and roasted walnuts add a lot of texture. You should also have that incredible thickness and the thickest cookie you’ve ever baked. And the softness in the middle of your cookie should be to die for. Most importantly, they have all of the characteristics of a superb chocolate chip cookie.
What are the Ingredients?
You will have at least 15 minutes to prepare these ingredients. You will yield 24 cookies but if you wish to have 48 cookies, For you to yield 48 cookies, make smaller cookies with a small dough scoop.
Here’s what you will need:
- Vegetable Shortening. This prevents baked items from spreading too much during the baking process. Measurement: ½ cup.
- Unsalted Butter. You have complete control over the overall flavor of your recipe when you use unsalted butter. Measurement: ½ cup.
- Granulated Sugar. Sugar granules are absorbent, which means they attract and absorb liquid in the dough. Measurement: 1 cup.
- Brown sugar, packed. This would give more moisture and would typically make the cookies chewy. Measurement; 1 cup.
- Eggs. These are advised to be large and at room temperature to add structure to your baked goods. Quantity: 2 Large Eggs.
- Vanilla Extract adds flavor chemically and brings out the flavors of other ingredients in the mix. Measurement: 2 tablespoons.
- All-Purpose Flour is one of the essential ingredients of this goody. Measurement: 3 cups.
- Baking Powder causes the batter to rise and leaves it. Measurement: 1 Tablespoons.
- Baking Soda would make sure that this cake would be leavened. Measurement: 1 Tablespoons.
- Salt is a substance that activates all of the other ingredients’ flavors. Measurement: ½ Tablespoons.
- Chocolate chips, also known as chocolate morsels, are little bits of sweetened chocolate used in various delicacies (notably chocolate chip cookies and muffins), which would be used as a topping. Measurement: 1 Cup.
- Dark Chocolate Bar, chopped. This will liquefy into a shinier, smoother pool of cocoa-y sweetness. Measurement: 3-oz.
- Walnuts, chopped. This will add flavor, texture, and visual appeal to homemade cookies. Measurement: 1 Cup.
You might like these dessert recipes:
How to make Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies?
Baking time would be 10- 12 minutes.
First is to Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat, then set aside.
After setting that aside, cream shortening and butter with granulated and brown sugars in a large mixing bowl. Then, mix in eggs and vanilla extract until well blended.
Next is add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix to combine.
After that, fold in chocolate chips, chopped chocolate, and walnuts until thoroughly combined.
Moreover, use a large cookie dough scoop to make 24 balls of dough. Place 6 balls of dough on the prepared baking sheet with 1-2 inches in between each ball. Flatten dough with the bottom of a glass.
Finally, place in preheated oven and bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
You can then remove it from the oven and cool it slightly before serving. Enjoy!
Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies are a dessert that is loved by many and enjoyed all around the world.
These cookies have taken on different forms over time, depending on location, but they are always delicious.
There are many variations to this cookie recipe, including some with chocolate chunks in them and others without.
Walnuts add an extra dimension to these cookies and the nuttiness flavor from the walnuts themselves, which is a perfect complement for when you want something sweet but also savory at times.
- ½ c. vegetable shortening
- ½ c. unsalted butter
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 3-oz. dark chocolate bar, chopped
- 1 c. walnuts, chopped
1.Preheat oven to 375°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
2.Cream shortening and butter with granulated and brown sugars in a large mixing bowl. Mix in eggs and vanilla extract until well blended.
3.Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine.
4.Fold in chocolate chips, chopped chocolate and walnuts until thoroughly combined.
5.Use a large cookie dough scoop to make 24 balls of dough. Place 6 balls of dough on the prepared baking sheet with 1-2 inches in between each ball. Flatten dough with the bottom of a glass.
6.Place in pre-heated oven and bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven and cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 132mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g
These nutritional calculations might not be accurate. Please speak with a licensed nutritionist to assist you.