It’s fall, and if you’re like me, that means it is time to start cooking up some of those delicious pumpkin recipes. One of my favorites is pumpkin cream puffs! These are so easy to make, and they taste amazing. I have put together a recipe for Easy Pumpkin Cream Puffs below so you can try them out too!
To start, let’s begin with the ingredients, shall we?
What are the ingredients to make Pumpkin Puffs?
To make this recipe, you are going to need the following ingredients:
For the Puff Pastry:
- ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- One cup of water.
- One cup of all-purpose flour.
- Four eggs! You have to include the egg whites and yolks separately, so be sure you get four total.
- ½ cup Butter. This is unsalted butter, so make sure that is what you are purchasing.
For the Pumpkin Filling:
- One cup of pure pumpkin puree – This should be canned, not fresh. Be sure to get 100% pumpkin and nothing else!
- One teaspoon of pumpkin spice for flavorings – You can even use authentic spices if you’d like to! It’s totally up to you.
- Four ounces of cream cheese softened – You will want to purchase cream cheese that has no other ingredients in it, just the plain cream cheese itself!
- One tablespoon of sugar to add sweetness to your recipe.
- And an eighth teaspoon of salt for flavor.
Easy Pumpkin Cream Puffs Recipe
Now you have all your ingredients together, let’s make some Easy Pumpkin Cream Puffs! To make them follow the steps below.
Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 Celsius.
Place the butter and water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir in the salt and flour, then simmer on medium heat until it forms a ball.
Next, place the dough in a mixing bowl.
Whisk the egg mixture in two batches, adding each egg gradually and carefully. Repeat for all four eggs.
Drop 1 teaspoon of dough at a time into an ungreased pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
While the puffs are baking, start making the filling.
Grab your electric mixer and a large mixing bowl and place the cream cheese into it. Beat the cream cheese until it begins to thicken. Then, slowly add the rest of the ingredients until they are incorporated well and create soft peaks.
Once puffs are done, slice in half. Spoon on one and a half teaspoons of pumpkin filling. Layer again with the other half of the puff.
Dust with powdered sugar.
Easy and delicious pumpkin cream puffs your family is going to love!
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup all-purpose Flour
- 4 Eggs
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 cup of pure pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
- 4oz of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large pot over high heat bring butter and water to a boil. Stir in the salt and flour, lower heat to medium and mix together until it becomes a ball form. Place dough in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk in one egg at a time, being sure it’s well mixed before adding another. Repeat for all four eggs.
- In an ungreased pan, drop in 1 tablespoon of dough at a time.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Once puffs are done, slice in half. Spoon on one and a half teaspoon of pumpkin filling. Layer again with the other half of the puff. Dust with powdered sugar.
Garnish with powdered sugar.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 218mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
These nutritional calculations might not be accurate. Please speak with a licensed nutritionist to assist you.