The situation is familiar to all of us. Because dinner is cooking in the Instant Pot, you’re craving something else! You want to be able to eat a nutritious dinner, but you don’t have time to do so.
Luckily, this Instant Pot® Chicken Salad with Strawberries, Feta, and Pecans recipe will have it ready in no time at all! It’s a delicious summer dinner with various textures and flavors to choose from.
Can you put raw chicken in Instant Pot?
The true advantage of using the Instant Pot for cooking chicken breasts is that you can use either fresh or frozen chicken breasts and simply drop them into the Instant Pot without defrosting. As a result, I’ve used this strategy several times to save money on “what’s for supper” meals.
You might like these Instant Pot recipes:
Do you need liquid to cook chicken in Instant Pot?
In any size instant pot, you can cook chicken breasts. Simply add at least 1 cup of liquid to the pot before placing the chicken in a single layer in the pot. Thoroughly cook the chicken in batches if you have a smaller instant pot so you can keep it in single layers.
How long should I pressure cook frozen chicken?
- Small (6-8 ounce) frozen chicken breasts – cook 11-12 minutes at high pressure, plus 10 minutes natural release.
- Medium (9-10 ounce) frozen chicken breasts – cook 13-14 minutes at high pressure, plus 10 minutes natural release.
What are the ingredients to make Instant Pot® Chicken Salad with Strawberries, Feta, & Pecans?
This recipe has a prep time of 20 minutes, a cook time of 30 to 35 minutes, and serves 4 to 6. Listed below are the ingredients that you’re going to need.
For the Salad:
- Virgin olive oil – Adds a special richness to each bite.
- Chicken breasts – For ease of preparation, use store-bought rotisserie chicken, but you may certainly cook your own chicken if you want.
- Garlic powder – Gives out a nutty taste kick.
- Sea salt & black pepper – Seasonings that most recipes call for.
- Chicken broth or water – For a flavorful base.
- Mixed salad greens – In a recipe like this, you can substitute whatever you want.
- Fresh strawberries – Choose the juiciest, ripest fruit available.
- Feta cheese – Add a dash of creaminess to a truly wonderful salad, and this cheese was made for it.
- Pecan halves – No decent salad would be complete without a crunch ingredient.
For the Dressing:
- Virgin olive oil – Drizzle when serving
- Balsamic vinegar – It adds a wonderful tang to the salad.
- Dijon mustard – lends a slight zest to the flavor that is hard to imitate.
- Fresh lemon juice – The acid will help cut through the overpowering flavors.
- Garlic powder – The greatest black pepper is freshly ground!
- Sea salt – To add taste.
- Honey – You can leave this out if you prefer.
How to make Instant Pot® Chicken Salad with Strawberries, Feta, & Pecans?
Now that you have gathered all of your ingredients, it is time to make this recipe. Follow the instructions below.
Select the Sauté setting in the Instant Pot® and add the olive oil. Add the chicken breasts after the indicator says “hot” and turn it high. Season the chicken with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper to taste on both sides.
Next, sear the chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown on both sides. Discard the Instant Pot® and set it away. By gently scraping the bottom of the pot with a rubber spatula, you’ll be able to deglaze it.
Place the chicken breasts on top of the metal trivet that comes with the Instant Pot®. Set the pressure valve to “sealing” and cook for 8 minutes on the high setting with the “Manual” option selected. Allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes after the cooking is finished, then quickly remove any leftover pressure.
Then prepare the dressing by mixing all ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid while the chicken is cooking. Shake vigorously until everything is well-combined. Set aside after tasting and adjust seasonings as needed.
Allow it to rest for a few minutes after removing the chicken from the Instant Pot®, then shred with two forks. You may either use the cooking liquid from the pot in other recipes or store it in the freezer for later use.
Finally, place the shredded chicken, sliced strawberries, Feta cheese, and pecans on a dish and top with the mixed salad leaves. Serve immediately after drizzling the balsamic dressing on top. Enjoy!
Now that you know all you need to know about Instant Pot® Chicken Salad with Strawberries, Feta, and Pecans, it is time to print or save the recipe with the exact measurements.
Not ready to print? No problem! Save this pin in your Pinterest account by clicking the pin button located in the recipe card.
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ t. garlic powder
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- ½ c. chicken broth or water
- 5 c. mixed salad greens
- ½ pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 oz. Feta cheese, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 oz. pecan halves
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
- ½ T. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ t. garlic powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Optional: 1 t. honey
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the Sauté function. Set to high and once the display reads “hot,” add chicken breasts. Season chicken on both sides with the garlic powder, plus salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Sear chicken breasts on each side until golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes per side. Remove from Instant Pot® and set aside. Add chicken broth and deglaze the bottom of the pot by gently scraping with a rubber spatula.
- Add the metal trivet that comes with the Instant Pot® and place the chicken breasts on top. Add the lid and set the pressure valve to “sealing.” Select the “Manual” cooking option on the high setting and set cook time to 8 minutes. When done cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the dressing by combining all ingredients in a container with a tight-fitting lid. Cover tightly and shake until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot® and let rest for a few minutes, then shred with two forks. Reserve cooking liquid from the pot to use in other recipes or freeze for later use.
- Arrange mixed salad greens on a platter and top with the shredded chicken, sliced strawberries, Feta cheese, and pecans. Drizzle the balsamic dressing on top and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 433Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 387mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 6gSugar: 8gProtein: 29g
These nutritional calculations might not be accurate. Please speak with a licensed nutritionist to assist you.