It’s summertime, and what better way to celebrate than with a refreshing salad bursting with flavor? Strawberries are so versatile and go well in almost anything—from yogurt and ice cream to salads and smoothies. But have you ever tried combining them with vegetables?
Let’s explore the endless possibilities of mixing strawberries, crave-able veggies, feta cheese, pecans, balsamic vinaigrette dressing – all cooked up in an Instant Pot to make one delicious Chicken Salad!
Plus, get some ideas on other vegetables that pair perfectly with juicy ripe strawberries for future recipes so you can create something new every time. Read on or treat yourself to making this thirst-quenching meal right away!
What vegetables go well with strawberries?
When it comes to pairing vegetables with strawberries, there are a few great options to consider. Here are some of the top choices:
The peppery taste of arugula pairs well with the sweetness of strawberries. Try combining the two in a salad with balsamic vinaigrette for a delightful summer dish.
Another leafy green that goes nicely with strawberries is spinach. You can make a simple spinach and strawberry salad by tossing together some baby spinach leaves, sliced strawberries, and crumbled feta cheese.
If you’re looking for something fresh and crunchy to go with strawberries, cucumber is an excellent choice. Try slicing cucumbers thinly and tossing them together with some diced strawberries for a healthy snack.
For something a bit more unusual, try adding sliced bell peppers to your strawberry dishes. The bright colors and sweet flavors of both the peppers and the berries make for an eye-catching and delicious combination.
Carrots are another vegetable that pairs well with strawberries – they provide crunchiness while balancing out the sweetness of the berries.
Roasted or grilled asparagus provides a slightly smoky flavor that pairs well with the sweet juiciness of strawberries.
The crunchy texture and peppery taste of radishes make for a refreshing contrast to the sweetness of strawberries in salads and sandwiches.
The slightly earthy flavor of beet greens can be a great complement to the sweetness of strawberries.
The slightly bitter taste of endive can provide balance and contrast in a salad or dish that uses strawberries.
The licorice-like flavor and crisp texture of fennel can add complexity and freshness to a strawberry salad or dessert.
The bold, peppery taste of watercress can help balance out the sweetness of the strawberries, making them more refreshing and less cloying.
What goes best with strawberries?
If you’re looking for something to pair with strawberries, some options can elevate their already fruity taste. For instance, strawberries and whipped cream, a classic pairing that’s simply irresistible, can make for a perfect summer dessert.
For a healthier option, adding fresh blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries to your strawberries can result in a delicious and nutritious fruit salad.
Finally, if you’re looking for a unique combination, try pairing strawberries with balsamic vinegar. The tartness of vinegar and the sweetness of strawberries create a surprisingly delightful experience for your taste buds.
Ultimately, whether you choose to enjoy strawberries with a side of whipped cream or plain, their versatility means they’re the perfect fruit for any occasion.
What are the benefits of strawberry salad?
Strawberry salad is a great way to get an array of health benefits on one plate. Rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, strawberries provide numerous health benefits. Loaded with vitamin C, strawberries can help boost your immune system and prevent oxidative damage from free radicals.
They are also a good source of manganese and potassium, which support heart health. Strawberries contain folate, which helps keep blood vessels healthy by assisting the body in producing the amino acid homocysteine.
Eating a diet that contains strawberries may reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as stroke and cancer.
The natural sweetness of strawberries also makes them a great substitute for unhealthy snacks like processed sugar or artificial sweeteners.
Strawberries are lower in sugar and calories than many other sweet treats, making them a healthier choice for those seeking to maintain or lose weight. Additionally, strawberries are high in dietary fiber which can help improve digestion, reduce cholesterol levels, and regulate blood sugar levels.
In addition to their nutritional content, strawberry salads can add color and flavor to a meal without taking away from its nutritional content. Adding sliced fresh basil leaves or chopped walnuts can give your salad an extra boost of flavor while providing additional health benefits as well.
With so many benefits all in one plate, strawberry salad is sure to be an easy and nutritious addition to any meal!
Which fruits go well with salad?
With so many possibilities when it comes to preparing salads with fruit in them, how does one decide which ones to use? Here are some ideas on which fruits go well with salad!
Sliced apples add a crisp and refreshing crunch to any salad.
Juicy and tangy, oranges provide a bright burst of flavor that pairs well with greens.
Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries add a pop of sweetness and color to any salad.
Red or green grapes bring both sweetness and texture to salads.
Sliced figs offer a chewy texture and sweet taste that goes well with arugula or mixed greens.
The tropical flavor of mangoes complements spicy greens like arugula or watercress.
These tiny gems pack a tangy punch while also providing an appealing visual contrast in the salad.
The juicy sweetness of pineapple pairs well with salty foods like grilled chicken or feta cheese in salads.
This mild-flavored fruit adds creamy texture to salads while also providing healthy fats.
Its tart flavor provides great balance to sweeter elements in the salad.
Mixing fruits into your salad is a simple way to add extra nutrients, exciting flavors, and visual appeal!
Can you put raw chicken in Instant Pot?
The true advantage of using the Instant Pot for cooking chicken breasts is that you can use either fresh or frozen chicken breasts and drop them into the Instant Pot without defrosting. As a result, I’ve used this strategy several times to save money on “what’s for supper” meals.
You might like these Instant Pot recipes:
Do you need liquid to cook chicken in Instant Pot?
In any size instant pot, you can cook chicken breasts. Simply add at least 1 cup of liquid to the pot before placing the chicken in a single layer in the pot. Thoroughly cook the chicken in batches if you have a smaller instant pot so you can keep it in single layers.
How long should I pressure-cook frozen chicken?
- Small (6-8 ounce) frozen chicken breasts – cook 11-12 minutes at high pressure, plus 10 minutes natural release.
- Medium (9-10 ounce) frozen chicken breasts – cook 13-14 minutes at high pressure, plus 10 minutes natural release.
What are the ingredients to make Instant Pot® Chicken Salad with Strawberries, Feta, & Pecans?
This recipe has a prep time of 20 minutes, a cook time of 30 to 35 minutes, and serves 4 to 6. Listed below are the ingredients that you’re going to need.
For the Salad:
- Virgin olive oil – Adds a special richness to each bite.
- Chicken breasts – For ease of preparation, use store-bought rotisserie chicken, but you may certainly cook your own chicken if you want.
- Garlic powder – Gives out a nutty taste kick.
- Sea salt & black pepper – Seasonings that most recipes call for.
- Chicken broth or water – For a flavorful base.
- Mixed salad greens – In a recipe like this, you can substitute whatever you want.
- Fresh strawberries – Choose the juiciest, ripest fruit available.
- Feta cheese – Add a dash of creaminess to a truly wonderful salad, and this cheese was made for it.
- Pecan halves – No decent salad would be complete without a crunch ingredient.
For the Dressing:
- Virgin olive oil – Drizzle when serving
- Balsamic vinegar – It adds a wonderful tang to the salad.
- Dijon mustard – lends a slight zest to the flavor that is hard to imitate.
- Fresh lemon juice – The acid will help cut through the overpowering flavors.
- Garlic powder – The greatest black pepper is freshly ground!
- Sea salt – To add taste.
- Honey – You can leave this out if you prefer.
How to make Instant Pot® Chicken Salad with Strawberries, Feta, & Pecans?
Now that you have gathered all of your ingredients, it is time to make this recipe. Follow the instructions below.
Select the Sauté setting in the Instant Pot® and add the olive oil. Add the chicken breasts after the indicator says “hot” and turn it high. Season the chicken with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper to taste on both sides.
Next, sear the chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown on both sides. Discard the Instant Pot® and set it away. By gently scraping the bottom of the pot with a rubber spatula, you’ll be able to deglaze it.
Place the chicken breasts on top of the metal trivet that comes with the Instant Pot®. Set the pressure valve to “sealing” and cook for 8 minutes on the high setting with the “Manual” option selected. Allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes after the cooking is finished, then quickly remove any leftover pressure.
Then prepare the dressing by mixing all ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid while the chicken is cooking. Shake vigorously until everything is well-combined. Set aside after tasting and adjust seasonings as needed.
Allow it to rest for a few minutes after removing the chicken from the Instant Pot®, then shred with two forks. You may either use the cooking liquid from the pot in other recipes or store it in the freezer for later use.
Finally, place the shredded chicken, sliced strawberries, Feta cheese, and pecans on a dish and top with the mixed salad leaves. Serve immediately after drizzling the balsamic dressing on top. Enjoy!
Now that you know all you need to know about Instant Pot® Chicken Salad with Strawberries, Feta, and Pecans, it is time to print or save the recipe with the exact measurements.
Not ready to print? No problem! Save this pin in your Pinterest account by clicking the pin button located in the recipe card.
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ t. garlic powder
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- ½ c. chicken broth or water
- 5 c. mixed salad greens
- ½ pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 oz. Feta cheese, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 oz. pecan halves
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
- ½ T. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ t. garlic powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Optional: 1 t. honey
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the Sauté function. Set to high and once the display reads “hot,” add chicken breasts. Season chicken on both sides with the garlic powder, plus salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Sear chicken breasts on each side until golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes per side. Remove from Instant Pot® and set aside. Add chicken broth and deglaze the bottom of the pot by gently scraping with a rubber spatula.
- Add the metal trivet that comes with the Instant Pot® and place the chicken breasts on top. Add the lid and set the pressure valve to “sealing.” Select the “Manual” cooking option on the high setting and set cook time to 8 minutes. When done cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the dressing by combining all ingredients in a container with a tight-fitting lid. Cover tightly and shake until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot® and let rest for a few minutes, then shred with two forks. Reserve cooking liquid from the pot to use in other recipes or freeze for later use.
- Arrange mixed salad greens on a platter and top with the shredded chicken, sliced strawberries, Feta cheese, and pecans. Drizzle the balsamic dressing on top and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 433Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 387mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 6gSugar: 8gProtein: 29g
These nutritional calculations might not be accurate. Please speak with a licensed nutritionist to assist you.