One of the best tricks to get your kids to eat their food is to make it FUN! If it looks exciting and new and interesting, they are more likely to eat it than if it’s a plain sandwich like they have every day. So, if you want to turn up your kid’s school lunches a notch or two, check out these ideas I’ve collected from my favorite bloggers across the web. I’ve broken it down into 3 easy categories – Sandwiches and wraps, Sides, and (of course) Dessert.
Ways to Create a FUN School Lunch
The main portion of the lunch meal is always the sandwich or wrap. Here are 8 fun ideas for making sandwiches and wraps fun and delicious.
Sandwiches and wraps
- Ham and Cheese Roll Ups from Practical Mommy
- Sandwich Skewers from I Love My Disorganized Life
- Minion Sandwiches from Eats Amazing
- Fireworks Sandwiches from Eats Amazing
- Garden Themed Sandwiches from Eats Amazing
- Homemade Pepperoni Pizza Rolls from Crazy Adventures in Parenting
- Olaf Sandwich from Mom Endeavors
Next up in the school lunch line up are the side dishes. Chips and fruit are always winners but these ideas take chips and fruit to the next level
- Homemade Cranberry Quinoa and White Chocolate Granola Bars from Meaningful Mama
- Homemade M&Ms and Raisins Granola Bars from Glue Sticks and Gumdrops
- Fruit Monsters from B Inspired Mama
- Fruit Monsters from Simplistically Living
- Cheese Monsters from Dayna Banya
- Homemade Potato Chips in the Microwave from Practical Mommy
- Jello Apple Crisps from Mama Miss
- Kale Chips from Learn Play Imagine
You may not always want to include a dessert with a school lunch, but these were too cute to pass up on this list.
- Mini Strawberry Banana Pizzas from House of Fauci’s
- Bite Size M&Ms Crispy Popcorn Balls from House of Fauci’s
- ABC Cookies from Glue Sticks and Gumdrops
- Halloween Pretzel Snacks from Mommy’s Bundle
Als,o check out our post on Easy School Lunch Ideas.