Searching for dinner ideas on a Wednesday night can be tricky. After all, it’s hump day – the middle of the week – and already you may be feeling the exhaustion of the work week. But don’t worry! Whether you’re looking to make something quick and easy or want to whip up something special, plenty of delicious and simple dinner ideas will make your Wednesday night dinner a success.
What should I have for dinner on a Wednesday night?
Try one of these easy yet delicious recipes that will please the entire family on a Wednesday night.
It is the ultimate comfort food and makes a great Wednesday night dinner. Serve this tasty soup with crusty bread or crackers so everyone can enjoy it on its own or use it as a topping for their soup.
Add some freshly grated Parmesan cheese, parsley flakes, and cracked black pepper to top off the presentation. Serve with a side salad or garlic bread to complete the meal. Enjoy Fettuccine Alfredo on Wednesday night without all the fuss!
The greatest chicken parmesan, covered in a luscious handmade tomato sauce and melting mozzarella cheese!
Kofta is normally cooked as meat on sticks or kebobs, but we decided to simplify things by making kofta meatballs. These pork and beef kofta meatballs from the Middle East are tasty and simple to make!
With good reason, this simple Chinese beef and broccoli stir fry meal is a favorite in many Asian families. The lustrous oyster stir fry sauce and meat marinade provide a lot of flavors.
Pineapple Fried Rice is a sweet and savory dish that uses leftover rice and frozen veggies well. Top with bacon for a crispy finish!
A word about this dish: it’s simple. Most items are probably already in your cupboard (you’ll want to buy fresh fish), and the prep time barely exceeds an hour.
Flour tortillas are filled with chicken, beans, and cheese and then cooked till golden and crispy in this Chicken Chimichanga Recipe. This is a simple and enjoyable Mexican meal you can cook on Wednesday!
We need to include simple grilled chicken on our dinner menus. Nothing beats the savory flavor of perfectly grilled chicken. This is the tastiest dish of them all!
Serve with sourdough bread, rye bread with butter, bread rolls, or your favorite bread. Or you can add cookies, warm pretzels, and even savory scones are excellent accompaniments to this soup.
Hamburger steaks are soft ground beef patties cooked in a flavorful onion and mushroom sauce for a simple comfort dinner. This traditional southern dish is suitable for children and makes a quick Wednesday dinner.
This recipe uses American Lamb Board to bring you a tasty, summery spin on meatballs! Ground lamb is an excellent method to integrate more American lamb into your family’s diet.
These mouthwatering Oven Baked Pork Chops are seasoned with a fast spice rub and roasted to perfection. This simple baked pork chop recipe yields soft, juicy, and tasty pork chops every time!
The ravioli cook for about 3 minutes. About halfway through, flip them over to ensure equal cooking. Take them out after they’ve turned a lovely golden hue! The ravioli will swell up a little, just like boiling ravioli.
This Chicken Pot Pie is a traditional comfort meal. It is simple to prepare and may be done ahead of time. You may create your own Quick Chicken Pot Pie crust from scratch or use store-bought puff pastry.
We refer to stir-fried dishes as “clean the fridge” dinners since we can use any protein or veggies on hand. For extra crunch, you can also use canned veggies in the cupboard, such as water chestnuts and baby corn.
This chicken chop suey is filled with fresh vegetables, delicate chicken pieces, and a zesty sauce! Serve this restaurant-quality meal over rice for a quick and nutritious dinner that takes less than 30 minutes to prepare.
They are packed with fresh ingredients and plump, expertly seasoned fish. Don’t forget about the finest fish taco sauce – a garlic lime crema you’ll want on your tacos!
Chorizo takes center stage, accompanied by cilantro-lime rice. A fresh and creamy avocado Pico de Gallo is a terrific accent to this soon-to-be award-winning recipe!
When you grill a pork tenderloin rather than baking it, you get the same flavor and moistness but with the added advantage of char-crispiness on the outside of the tenderloin.
What do you eat for a Wednesday theme?
Creating an exciting weekly theme can add some much-needed variety and flavor to your weeknight meals. Try spicing up your average Wednesday with one of these scrumptious ideas:
Wednesday is the perfect time to explore and try out new recipes. Here are a few ideas that are sure to tantalize your taste buds for a “what’s new” Wednesday theme:
- Zesty Tomato Basil Pizza: The classic combination of tomato and basil brings an Italian flavor to this easy-to-make pizza. Start with the dough of your choice, top it with crushed tomatoes and fresh basil leaves, sprinkle on some mozzarella cheese and bake until golden perfection.
- Teriyaki Salmon Bowls: A healthy meal option that’s full of flavor, teriyaki salmon bowls are made by marinating boneless salmon in a sweet but savory teriyaki sauce, then pan-searing or baking it until cooked through.
- Chorizo Potato Tacos: Spicy chorizo pairs perfectly with roasted potatoes in these taco shells for a delicious Mexican-inspired meal. Top with your favorite toppings such as cheese, avocado or salsa verde – enjoy!
- Five Spice Tofu Stir Fry: This vegan stir fry packs a flavorful punch thanks to the Chinese five spice blend. Serve over cooked rice or noodles for an easy weeknight meal that’s sure to satisfy!
Wrap Wednesday is a great time to try some tasty and inventive recipes that are sure to please. Here are a few ideas:
- BBQ Beef Wraps: Start with the classic combo of shredded beef and barbecue sauce, then add in your favorite stretchy and savory cheese, chopped lettuce and tomato for texture, and wrap it all up in a soft flour tortilla.
- Chicken Avocado Burritos: Serve with freshly sliced avocados, diced tomatoes, diced jalapenos, sour cream and your favorite variety of Mexican-style cheese wrapped up in warm flour tortillas – yum!
- Mediterranean Veggie Wraps: Add crunchy lettuce leaves for extra texture then wrap it all up in a large whole wheat tortilla.
- Thai Peanut Chicken Wrap: Try this delicious combination of grilled chicken marinated in peanut sauce, shredded carrots, sliced cucumbers and crispy lettuce leaves rolled up into a pita pocket – serve with extra peanut sauce on the side for added flavor!
World Cuisine Wednesday is the perfect chance to explore new flavors from around the globe! Here are some recipes that will take you on an international culinary journey:
- Malaysian Laksa: This spicy, coconut-based soup consists of a mixture of noodles, fish, shrimp and other ingredients in a flavorful broth. Add hard boiled eggs, seafood, tofu and your favorite vegetables then enjoy!
- Japanese Tonkatsu: A popular Japanese dish made of deep-fried breaded pork cutlets served with a savory Worcestershire sauce-based dipping sauce. Serve with cooked rice and shredded cabbage on the side for extra crunch!
- Indian Chicken Curry: Rich and hearty Indian curries such as this version using chicken can be easily made at home just like they do In India. Simmer until cooked through before serving over steamed rice or with naan bread.
- Greek Moussaka: This decadent eggplant-based dish consists of layers of fried eggplant slices sandwiched between ground beef cooked in tomatoes with onion and cinnamon then top it off with creamy bechamel sauce before baking until golden perfection – enjoy!
What to eat on Wacky Wednesday?
Wacky Wednesday is the perfect excuse to break away from routine and try out something new in the kitchen! Whether it’s a twist on your favorite comfort food or a one-of-a-kind creation – prepare yourself for some culinary adventure this Wacky Wednesday.
This unique dish combines two classic favorites – hot dogs and buns – with a whimsical twist. It’s a kid-friendly recipe and a low carb essential for adults that is sure to put smiles on faces all around the dinner table.
A popular Chinese takeaway meal is Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir Fry. Typically, tender chicken is battered, deep-fried, and topped with a sweet, tangy sauce.
These Mexican nachos elevate popular street cuisine to a whole new level, making them the ideal appetizer or game night dish. This meal is the finest thing that ever happened to tortilla chips, with three different kinds of cheese, corn, sour cream, fresh lime juice, and jalapeño for a kick.
With this wacky take on the classic dish, you can turn it into an unforgettable meal. Not only does this recipe look amazing, but it also tastes great with its combination of creamy cheese. Adding extra color to your dinner table has never been easier or more delicious!
Candy corn is probably one of the nicest things to eat, but die-hard fans don’t restrict themselves to merely munching on the irresistible delicacies. Instead, enjoy this festive candy corn milkshake, which will surely be a favorite this wacky Wednesday!