When served with a bright variety of fresh veggies, Roasted Garlic Hummus is ideal for parties or as a quick and healthy snack. The flavor is boosted by roasted garlic, delicious olive oil, and sesame tahini. The raw garlic’s intense, “hot” flavor is no longer present. Instead, the cloves are converted into delectable creamy, sweet, rich, and buttery cloves!
What do you eat with roasted garlic hummus?
Here are ways to enjoy this king of all dips:
- Spread hummus on your favorite bread.
- Dip pita chips in hummus.
- Make hummus mashed potatoes.
- Make deviled eggs.
- Pair hummus and vegetables.
- Make a Mediterranean-inspired dinner with fish topped with hummus.
- Eat hummus with falafel.
- Make healthy salad dressing.
- Just eat hummus by the spoonful.
Is it cheaper to make your own hummus?
Hummus made at home is less expensive. Although purchasing all materials to make hummus at home is more costly upfront, the long-term benefits are undeniable.
Is Roasted Garlic Hummus good for you?
Hummus is high in dietary fiber, which is beneficial to digestive health. It has 6 grams of dietary fiber per 3.5 ounces (100 grams), 24 percent of the daily fiber guideline for women, and 16 percent of the daily fiber recommendation for men.
What are the ingredients to make Roasted Garlic Hummus?
With 10 minutes of prep time and 40 minutes of cook time, these are the ingredients to make a savory roasted garlic hummus good for four servings:
- Virgin olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice
- Ground cumin
- Cayenne pepper
- Sea salt
- Tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, and/or celery – for fresh vegetables to serve with.
- Kalamata olives
- High-quality extra virgin olive oil – Drizzle when serving
- Smoked paprika – for garnish.
How to make Roasted Garlic Hummus?
Roast the garlic ahead of time while making other roasted veggies or dishes in the oven to save time. Then, for up to one week, store roasted garlic in an airtight jar wrapped in olive oil in the refrigerator.
The first step is to preheat the oven to 400°F. Next, remove the top of the garlic head and drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Next, wrap in aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes in a preheated oven. Remove from the oven and leave aside for a few minutes to cool.
Then in a blender or food processor, combine the remaining olive oil, chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, water, ground cumin, and cayenne pepper. Remove the outer shell from the roasted garlic cloves and place them in the container once they have cooled.
Next is the season to taste with sea salt and blend until smooth. If necessary, add more water to achieve the desired consistency. Season to taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
Finally, drizzle with high-quality extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of smoky paprika before serving. Serve immediately with Kalamata olives and fresh veggies. Enjoy!
Now that you know all you need to know about Roasted Garlic Hummus, it is time to print or save the recipe with the exact measurements.
Not ready to print? No problem! Save this pin in your Pinterest account by clicking the pin button located in the recipe card.
- 1 large head of garlic
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 115-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 c. tahini
- 3 T. water
- 1 t. ground cumin
- ½ t. cayenne pepper
- Sea salt, to taste
- To Serve
- Fresh vegetables: Tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, and/or celery
- Kalamata olives
- High-quality extra virgin olive oil
- Smoked paprika, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut the top off the garlic head and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil. Wrap in aluminum foil and place in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Add remaining olive oil, chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, water, ground cumin, and cayenne pepper to a blender or food processor. Once cool, remove roasted garlic cloves from the outer skin and add to the container.
- Season with sea salt, to taste, and blend until smooth. Add more water, if necessary, to achieve desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with high-quality extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of smoked paprika. Serve immediately with fresh vegetables and Kalamata olives. Enjoy!
To save time, roast the garlic in advance while preparing other roasted vegetables or dishes in the oven. Roasted garlic can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container covered in olive oil for up to one week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1398Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2181mgCarbohydrates: 194gFiber: 55gSugar: 35gProtein: 62g
These nutritional calculations might not be accurate. Please speak with a licensed nutritionist to assist you.