If you frequently find yourself paying top dollar at Starbucks for your favorite cold beverage, you’ll love this recipe. Starbucks’ renowned passion tea lemonade was the inspiration for this recipe.
On the other hand, this version skips the refined sugar entirely in favor of a honey-infused simple syrup that brings out the subtle lemongrass and cinnamon notes in the Passion® tea blend. It’s a refreshing summer drink that’s simple to create and tastes fantastic.
Is there caffeine in a Passion Tea lemonade?
There is no caffeine in passion tea lemonade. It is, after all, a herbal tea, and herbal teas are caffeine-free.
Is Passion Tea lemonade good for you?
Lemongrass primarily enhances the flavor of the tea while also providing a tiny amount of Vitamin A. The sugar content is also lower than simple lemonade since the lemonade is mixed in with the tea. Even though water is the most common source of hydration, this is a fun method to stay cool and hydrated in the heat. Just one glass each day is sufficient.
Does Tazo Passion tea make you sleepy?
Passionflower compounds are known to have soothing properties, and they may also help with sleep-disrupting muscle spasms. In addition, according to a preliminary study, drinking passionflower tea before bed may improve sleep quality.
What are the ingredients to make passion tea lemonade?
This recipe is estimated to have a prep time of 15 minutes and a cook time of 5 minutes. The following are the ingredients you’re going to need for 4 servings:
- Water – Divided; this can be made using either bottled water or tap water.
- Tazo® Passion® tea bags – Starbucks uses this brand.
- Honey – Preferably local
- Lemongrass – Finely chopped
- Cinnamon sticks – For an extra boost of flavor
- Lemon juice – Freshly squeezed
- Ice – To fill each glass
- Fresh lemon slices – Optional for garnishing
- Sprigs of fresh mint – Optional for garnishing
How to make passion tea lemonade?
Now that you have gathered all of your ingredients, it is time to make this recipe. Follow the instructions below.
First, in a teapot or saucepan, bring four cups of water to a rapid bowl. Remove the pan from the heat and add the tea bags. Allow several minutes for the tea bags to brew before discarding.
Then in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine a quarter cup of water, honey, lemongrass, and cinnamon sticks to make the infused simple syrup. Cook, stirring periodically until the liquid is thoroughly heated and begins to thicken about 4-5 minutes.
After that, remove from the heat and strain the particles from the liquid through a fine-mesh strainer. Finally, remove the solids and set aside the remaining simple syrup to cool.
In a large pitcher, combine the brewed tea, lemon juice, and the remaining cup of water. To taste, add infused simple syrup and whisk to blend.
Lastly, fill four cold glasses halfway with ice before pouring the sweetened iced tea mixture into them. Serve immediately with lemon slices and sprigs of fresh mint, if desired. Enjoy!
Now that you know all you need to know about frozen watermelon slush, it is time to print or save the recipe with the exact measurements.
Not ready to print? No problem! Save this pin in your Pinterest account by clicking the pin button located in the recipe card.
- 5¼ c. water, divided
- 4 Tazo® Passion® tea bags
- ¼ c. honey, preferably local
- 4” piece lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2 small cinnamon sticks
- ½ c. fresh lemon juice
- Ice, to serve
- Garnish: (optional)
- Fresh lemon slices
- Sprigs of fresh mint
- Bring four cups water to a rapid bowl in a teapot or saucepan. Remove from heat and add tea bags. Allow tea bags to steep for several minutes before discarding.
- To prepare the infused simple syrup, combine a quarter cup water, honey, lemongrass, and cinnamon sticks in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture is heated through and starts to thicken, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour through a fine mesh strainer to separate the solids from the liquid. Discard solids and set the remaining simple syrup aside to cool.
- Combine the brewed tea, lemon juice, and remaining cup of water in a large pitcher. Add infused simple syrup, to taste, and stir to combine.
- To serve, fill four chilled glasses with ice before adding the sweetened iced tea mixture. Garnish with lemon slices and sprigs of fresh mint, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g
These nutritional calculations might not be accurate. Please speak with a licensed nutritionist to assist you.