This Lemon Herb Spritzer is what you need to keep cool during hot days!
Lemon, fresh herbs and ginger are just a few of the amazing tastes in this delightful spritzer. Its vibrant fruity flavor contrasts beautifully with the warm earthiness of the culinary herbs and freshly grated ginger for a unique pairing. With just one bite, this will undoubtedly become a new summertime favorite!
What is a mocktail?
A mocktail is a cocktail without alcohol, and the phrase originates from the words mock and cocktail combined. When fruit and herbs are combined with a sugar syrup and a dash of soda or infused water, you still get to enjoy the variety of flavors of a cocktail.
You Might Like These Drinks Recipes:
What is the purpose of a spritzer?
Wine spritzers are a perfect summer accompaniment because of their mild flavor profile and a pleasant mouthfeel. Because the booze is lightened by the soda water and ice, wine spritzers are a great drink to serve if you want an alcoholic cocktail that’s easy to sip.
Can bottled lemon juice be used instead of fresh?
Many recipes work well using preserved lemon juice from a bottle. In general, the less fresh juice required — or the lower the quantity of juice in the recipe — the better the outcome. If the final meal is supposed to be sour, bottled juice might work well.
What are the ingredients to make lemon herb spritzer?
This recipe has 15 minutes of prep time with additional time to chill. Here are the ingredients you’re going to need which serves 4.
- Honey – It’s preferred to use local ones.
- Fresh lemon juice, fresh lemon zest, lemon – For a fresh and moderately tangy flavor.
- Fresh mint – It has a sweet flavor and a cooling sensation on the tongue.
- Fresh basil – Provides a balance between sweet and savory flavors.
- Thyme sprigs – To add earthy, minty, and slightly lemony flavor.
- Ginger – Adds a refreshing odor to the drink.
- Vodka – For adult version only
- Sparkling water
How to make lemon herb spritzer?
Now that you have gathered all of your ingredients, it is time to make this recipe. Follow the instructions below.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine honey and water. Stir constantly until the honey has dissolved.
Then remove from the heat and set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes before straining into a pitcher. Lemon juice, fresh herbs, ginger, and lemon slices are added.
If using vodka, carefully whisk to mix before placing it in the refrigerator to chill.
Pour sparkling water into the pitcher just before serving and whisk to blend. Pour into ice-filled cups and serve right away. Enjoy!
Now that you know all you need to know about lemon herb spritzer, it is time to print or save the recipe with the exact measurements.
Not ready to print? No problem! Save this pin in your Pinterest account by clicking the pin button located on the recipe card.
- 2 T. honey, preferably local
- 1 c. water
- 1/3 c. fresh lemon juice
- 2 T. fresh mint, washed and torn into pieces
- 2 T. fresh basil, washed and torn into pieces
- 2 t. fresh lemon zest, preferably organic
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 2 t. ginger, finely minced
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 c. sparkling water
Optional Adults-Only Version:
- 4 oz. vodka
- Add honey and water to a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until honey dissolves.
- Remove from heat and cool for 5-10 minutes before pouring into a pitcher. Add fresh lemon juice, fresh herbs, ginger, and lemon slices.
- Add vodka, if using, and stir gently to combine and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Immediately before serving, pour sparkling water into the pitcher and stir to combine. Pour into glasses filled with ice and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
These nutritional calculations might not be accurate. Please speak with a licensed nutritionist to assist you.