This cheesy dip is flavorful and filling. It’s comparable to the appetizer dips you’ll find at your favorite restaurants, with spinach and artichoke. Also with tortilla chips, this is a terrific dip for parties. Try this at your next get-together or if you’re looking for a nutritious and delightful snack at home.
What are the best chips to eat with spinach dip?
Spinach Dip can be served with crudité, pita chips, homemade tortilla chips (a personal favorite), or any variety of crackers.
Do you heat up spinach artichoke dip?
Spinach Artichoke Dip can be reheated in the oven at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Microwave smaller amounts for 30 seconds at a time until thoroughly heated.
How long can you keep spinach artichoke dip in the refrigerator?
In the refrigerator, the Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip will last for 4-5 days. For a few hours, you may keep this dip warm or at room temperature.
What are the ingredients for cooking the perfect warm spinach artichoke dip?
With 20 minutes of prep time, here are the ingredients to make good for 4 servings with 35-40 minutes cooking time:
- Extra virgin olive oil, divided – Ideal for dips.
- Small gluten-free corn tortillas, cut into 8 wedges each – A healthier alternative to flour tortillas.
- Garlic powder – To add taste
- Sea salt – To add taste
- Cloves Garlic, minced – A flavor boost seasoning.
- Fresh spinach, long stems removed and roughly chopped – To drain extra liquid, thaw and squeeze.
- Fresh basil, chopped – To boost flavor
- Sea salt and black pepper – To add taste
- Jar artichokes, packed in water, drained and chopped – Drain the liquid and squeeze the artichokes on paper towels to absorb any residual liquid before chopping the artichoke hearts into bite-sized pieces.
- Full-fat sour cream – For the best overall flavor.
- Cream cheese, softened – If the cheese isn’t room temperature or softened enough, put it in a microwave-safe bowl and heat it for about 15 seconds.
- Parmesan cheese – Freshly and finely grated
- Mozzarella cheese, divided – Freshly and finely grated
What are the steps in cooking?
First, preheat the oven to 350°F with the top oven rack in the center position. Set aside a medium baking dish that has been greased with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Next, use parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat to line a large, rimmed baking sheet. Arrange the corn tortilla wedges on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer, be careful not to overcrowd them. Place in a preheated oven and season both sides with garlic powder and sea salt to taste. Before removing from the oven, bake until crispy and golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Stir tortilla chips halfway through baking for optimal results.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the remaining olive oil and minced garlic while the tortilla chips are baking. Season with salt and black pepper to taste, then add the chopped spinach and basil. Cook, stirring periodically, for about 4-5 minutes, or until the spinach wilts.
Then add chopped artichokes, sour cream, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and 12 cup Mozzarella cheese to the wilted spinach mixture in a large mixing basin. Season to taste with salt and black pepper, and stir until everything is well blended.
Spread the spinach-artichoke mixture into a uniform layer in the prepared baking dish. Top with the remaining Mozzarella cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through and the cheese on top begins to turn golden brown.
Finally, remove from the oven and serve with toasted tortilla chips right away. Enjoy!
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 10-12 small gluten-free corn tortillas, cut into 8 wedges each
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 c. fresh spinach, long stems removed and roughly chopped
- 2 T. fresh basil, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 14.5 oz. jar artichokes, packed in water, drained and chopped
- 1/3 c. full-fat sour cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ c. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- ¾ c. Mozzarella cheese, divided
1. Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 350°F. Grease a medium baking dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil and set aside.
2. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Arrange the corn tortilla wedges on the prepared baking sheet without overcrowding. Sprinkle both sides with garlic powder and sea salt, to taste, and place in pre-heated oven. Bake until crispy and golden brown, approximately 8-10 minutes, before removing from oven. For best results, stir tortilla chips once halfway through baking.
3. While the tortilla chips are baking, heat remaining olive oil and minced garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped spinach and basil and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach wilts, approximately 4-5 minutes.
4. Transfer wilted spinach mixture to a large bowl and add chopped artichokes, sour cream, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and ½ cup Mozzarella cheese. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir until thoroughly combined.
5. Transfer spinach-artichoke mixture to prepared baking dish and spread into a uniform layer. Top with remaining Mozzarella cheese and place in pre-heated oven until heated through and cheese on top starts to turn golden brown, approximately 25-30 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and serve immediately with toasted tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 498Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 738mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 8gSugar: 4gProtein: 15g
These nutritional calculations might not be accurate. Please speak with a licensed nutritionist to assist you.