Thanks to a hearty mix of fresh (or frozen) mango and orange juice, this delightful and refreshing frozen mango slushy do not require any added sweetener. To balance out the sweeter flavors, a small bit of fresh lime juice offers just the appropriate amount of tanginess.
Can you substitute frozen mango for fresh?
Yes! And it’s a fantastic concept, especially when mangoes aren’t available. Two mangoes will provide about the same amount from a 16-ounce package of frozen mangoes.
Does Frozen mango go mushy?
When the fruit is thawed, the water inside the cells expands as it freezes, causing cell membranes to rupture or break. This causes the fruit to have a softer texture.
You might enjoy these drink recipes:
How long can I freeze mango?
In the freezer, properly preserved frozen mango will keep its optimum quality for about 12 months, after which it will usually be safe to eat.
What are the ingredients to make frozen mango slushy?
This recipe has a prep time of 10 minutes which serves 4. Here are the ingredients that you’re going to need:
- Ripe mangoes – It’s perfectly fine to use frozen mangoes if you don’t have fresh mangoes on hand.
- Fresh lime juice – The citrus adds a lovely, fresh zing to the beverage.
- Fresh orange juice – Also adds naturally bursting fresh citrus flavor.
- Water – This recipe wouldn’t be slushy without water.
- Ice cubes – Depending on how “shushy” you want the drink to be, you can use more or less ice.
- Fresh rosemary spears – Full of flavor and a visual treat as well!
- Fresh mango chunks – For additional tropical floral taste
- 100% agave tequila – Offer the purest taste, with an earthy and semi-sweet flavor.
How to make frozen mango slushy?
Now that you have gathered all of your ingredients, it is time to make this recipe. Follow the instructions below.
Set aside to prepare the garnish by threading mango cubes into fresh rosemary spears.
Add the mango, fresh or frozen, lime juice, orange juice, and water in a blender. Add four ounces of tequila to make it a tequila-only drink.
Pulse in the ice for a few seconds, just till it breaks down into small bits. Don’t over-mix.
Serve with rosemary-mango spears as a garnish in serving glasses. Serve right away and enjoy!
Now that you know all you need to know about frozen mango slushy, it is time to print or save the recipe with the exact measurements.
Not ready to print? No problem! Save this pin in your Pinterest account by clicking the pin button located in the recipe card
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed (or 2½ c. frozen mango)
- ¼ c. fresh lime juice
- ¾ c. fresh orange juice
- ½ c. water
- 8-10 large ice cubes
- 4 short fresh rosemary spears, bottom leaves removed
- 12 small fresh mango chunks
For Frozen Mango Margaritas:
- 4 oz. 100% agave tequila
- Prepare garnish by threading mango cubes onto fresh rosemary spears and set aside.
- Add fresh or frozen mango, lime juice, orange juice, and water to a blender and pulse to combine. For an adults-only variation, add four ounces of tequila, as well.
- Add ice and pulse for a few seconds, just until the ice is crushed into small pieces. Do not over-blend.
- Pour into serving glasses and garnish with rosemary-mango spears. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 834Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 189gFiber: 23gSugar: 165gProtein: 11g
These nutritional calculations might not be accurate. Please speak with a licensed nutritionist to assist you.