If you’re following a keto diet, finding the right protein, fat, and carbs balance can be challenging. Fortunately, flank steak is an excellent option to help you meet your macros while satisfying your taste buds.
This lean cut of beef is packed with protein and low in carbohydrates, making it an ideal choice for those looking to maintain ketosis.
I will show you why flank steak is good for keto and share a delicious stuffed flank steak recipe that will become a new favorite in your meal rotation.
Is Flank Steak Good For Keto?
Flank steak is a great option for those following a keto diet. It is a lean cut of meat that is high in protein and low in carbohydrates, making it an ideal choice for those looking to maintain ketosis.
Flank steak can be grilled, broiled, or pan-fried with healthy fats such as olive oil or butter to add flavor and richness.
Additionally, it pairs well with low-carb vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, and zucchini to create a balanced and satisfying meal that aligns with the principles of the keto diet.
How to Make Stuffed Flank Steak
This rolled flank steak recipe is made in the oven, and we use Feta cheese and olives we grew in our garden. Did we mention this recipe is also low-carb too!
To make this stuffed steak rolls recipe, you are going to need the following ingredients:
- Flank steak
- Baby spinach
- Olive oil
- Small onion
- Cloves garlic
- Feta cheese crumbled
- Pine nuts
- Butcher twine or cotton string
Now that we have gathered all our ingredients for this stuffed flank steak recipe, it is time to make it.
How to Cook Stuffed Flank Steak In The Oven
Follow these steps to make this stuffed flank steak recipe.
Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2 – Use a large skillet and over medium-high heat the olive oil.
Step 3 – Once your olive oil is heated, add the onions and cook for about 2 – 3 minutes. Make sure the onions are brown and softened.
Step 4 – Add the garlic for about 30 seconds.
Step 5 – Add the spinach and stir until it is wilted.
Step 6 – Remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
Step 7 – In a small bowl, combine the mixture of feta cheese and pine nuts.
Step 8 – Stir the steak filling until all ingredients are mixed together well.
Step 9 – Cut your flank steak into rectangular pieces that are about 3 inches by 5 inches long. Slice each piece of steak in half lengthwise to split it into two separate 3×5 pieces of thin flank steak.
Step 10 – Place some filling on each piece of steak.
Step 11 – Carefully roll the steak away from you.
Step 12 – Secure the steak roll with butcher’s twine or cotton string.
Step 13 – Place the steak rolls on a baking rack or baking sheet.
Step 14 – Place in the oven for 30 minutes or until steaks are cooked to the desired temperature.
Your Stuffed Flank Steak is ready!
How to Freeze Stuffed Flank Steak
You can free these stuffed flank steak recipes. Follow the directions from steps 1 – 13, and using freezer bags, place each individual wrap in one bag.
Label and date the bags and place them in your freezer. Now for this recipe, we love to use our vacuum sealer to freeze our stuffed flank steaks, and they last for up to 6 months in our freezer.
Now for regular freezer bags, use before three months. Thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours before cooking.
Now that you have more information about this recipe print it with the exact measurements.
Click the print button below.
- 2 lbs. Flank steak
- 3 c. Baby spinach
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ Small diced onion
- 3 Cloves garlic minced
- 4 oz. Feta cheese crumbled
- 1 oz. Pine nuts
- Butcher twine or cotton string
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet.
- Add the diced onion to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes until the onions begin to soften and brown.
- Mix in the minced garlic for 30 seconds.
- Toss in 3 cups of baby spinach, and stir to coat the spinach in the oil. Cook until the spinach has just wilted.
- Remove the onion mixture from the stove and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the crumbled feta cheese and the pine nuts.
- Add in the onion and spinach mixture, and stir to combine the ingredients well. This will be your filling for the steak.
- Cut rectangular pieces of flank steak that are about 3 inches by 5 inches long. Slice each piece of steak in half lengthwise, so that you split it into two separate 3x5 pieces of thin flank steak.
- Place some filling along the top of each piece of steak. Carefully roll the steak away from you with the filling wrapped inside. Secure the steak roll closed with some butcher’s twine or cotton string.
- Place the steaks on a baking rack or baking sheet, and place in the oven for 30 minutes or until the steak is cooked to your desired temperature.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 400Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 136mgSodium: 270mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 46g