This delicious Keto friendly Stuffed Flank Steak recipe is one of our favorite meals to make. You and your family are going to love it.
This rolled flank steak recipe is made in the oven and we use Feta cheese and olives we grew in our garden. Did we mention this recipe is also low carb too!
How to Make Stuffed Flank Steak
What are the ingredients for Keto Spinach, Feta, and Pine Nut Stuffed Flank Steak
To make this stuffed steak rolls recipe you are going to need the following ingredients:
- Flank steak
- Baby spinach
- Olive oil
- Small onion
- Cloves garlic
- Feta cheese crumbled
- Pine nuts
- Butcher twine or cotton string
Now that we have gathered all of our ingredients for this stuffed flank steak recipe it is time to make it. Remember we are using an oven for this recipe and
How to Cook Stuffed Flank Steak In The Oven
Follow these steps to make this stuffed flank steak recipe.
Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2 – Use a large skillet and over medium-high heat the olive oil.
Step 3 – Once your olive oil is heated, add the onions and cook for about 2 – 3 minutes. Make sure the onions are brown and soften.
Step 4 – Add the garlic for about 30 seconds.
Step 5 – Add the spinach and stir until it is wilted.
Step 6 – Remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
Step 7 – In a small bowl, combine the mixture, feta cheese, and pine nuts.
Step 8 – Stir the steak filling until all ingredients are mixed together well.
Step 9 – Cut your flank steak in rectangular pieces that are about 3 inches by 5 inches long. Slice each piece of steak in half lengthwise, so that you split it into two separate 3×5 pieces of thin flank steak.
Step 10 – Place some filling on each piece of steak.
Step 11 – Carefully roll the steak away from you.
Step 12 – Secure the steak roll with butcher’s twine or cotton string.
Step 13 – Place the steak rolls on a baking rack or baking sheet.
Step 14 – Place in the oven for 30 minutes or until steaks are cooked to the desired temperature.
Your Stuffed Flank Steak is ready!
How to Freeze Stuffed Flank Steak
You can free these stuffed flank steak recipe. Follow the directions from steps 1 – 13 and using freezer bags place each individual wrap in one bag. Label and date the bags and place in your freezer. Now for this recipe, we love to use our vacuum sealer to freeze our stuffed flank steaks and they last for up to 6 months in our freezer.
Now for regular freezer bags use before 3 months.
Thaw in the refrigerator 24 hours before cooking.
Keto Spinach, Feta and Pine Nut Stuffed Flank Steak
Yield 6 Serving
- 2 lbs. Flank steak
- 3 c. Baby spinach
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ Small diced onion
- 3 Cloves garlic minced
- 4 oz. Feta cheese crumbled
- 1 oz. Pine nuts
- Butcher twine or cotton string
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet.
- Add the diced onion to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes until the onions begin to soften and brown.
- Mix in the minced garlic for 30 seconds.
- Toss in 3 cups of baby spinach, and stir to coat the spinach in the oil. Cook until the spinach has just wilted.
- Remove the onion mixture from the stove and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the crumbled feta cheese and the pine nuts.
- Add in the onion and spinach mixture, and stir to combine the ingredients well. This will be your filling for the steak.
- Cut rectangular pieces of flank steak that are about 3 inches by 5 inches long. Slice each piece of steak in half lengthwise, so that you split it into two separate 3x5 pieces of thin flank steak.
- Place some filling along the top of each piece of steak. Carefully roll the steak away from you with the filling wrapped inside. Secure the steak roll closed with some butcher’s twine or cotton string.
- Place the steaks on a baking rack or baking sheet, and place in the oven for 30 minutes or until the steak is cooked to your desired temperature.