To me, nothing says the beginnings of fall than having a gorgeous delicious stuffed baked apple.
When I was a little girl, there was nothing I enjoyed more than my grandmother’s apple crumble. This recipe combines two of my favourite desserts, the baked apple and apple crumble.
I had a hard time naming this recipe because it’s quite the mouth full to say. LOL
Apple crumble stuffed baked apples
I mean seriously, try saying that 12 times fast.
These baked apples are stuffed to the top with apple chunks seasoned with cinnamon and brown sugar and topped with a delicious crunchy apple crumble.
Scooping out the insides of the apples can be done either by using an apple corer or by using a knife and a spoon. Just make sure that you leave the very bottom of the Apple intact so the insides don’t fall out.
When these apples come out of the oven, they’re so tender, sweet and fragrant and are absolutely perfect top with a dollop of butterscotch ripple ice cream.
This is an awesome dessert that I know your family will love!
If you’d like to try more delicious treats, you can stop by my website to find more recipes!
Apple Crumble Stuffed Baked Apples
- 8 large apples (I used Red Delicious apples but you could substitute for any variety you prefer)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of ground ginger
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled large flake oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel and chop 2 of the apples. Toss with lemon juice.
- In a medium frying pan, melt 1/4 cup butter and add 1 tbsp cinnamon and pinch of ginger.
- Whisk in the brown sugar.
- Add the chopped apples to the pan and cook on medium heat until softened. Stir occasionally.
- Combine the topping ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Using the remaining 6 apples, slice off the tops.
- Use an apple corer or a knife and spoon to remove some of the insides out of the apples. Make a little pit or hole in each of the apples large enough to fit some of the chopped apples into. Make sure that you leave the bottom of the apples intact.
- Place the 6 apples into a baking dish (I used a glass 8″ x 10″ baking dish)
- Spoon the chopped apple mixture into the holes of the whole apples. It’s ok if they overflow out of the hole.
- Take the apple crumble topping and press it onto the tops of the apples, making sort of a cap for each.
- Carefully place the baking dish into the oven and bake for 45 – 60 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with some ice cream. I really enjoy butterscotch ripple ice cream with this!
Your turn: You learned how to make apple crumble stuffed baked apples what are your thoughts and ideas? Share it with us!