Apples are delicious. They have a superb flavor and aroma and can be used to make a variety of dishes. If you’ve gone apple picking or intend to go apple picking, you might be looking for some new ways to use the apples like Cinnamon Apple Tarts which are simple to prepare. This is an excellent dessert or treat to create with your children. It smells wonderful, especially around the holidays.
How to store leftover apple tarts?
You may store your apple tart covered in plastic wrap at room temperature for up to 2 days. Your apple tart will keep in the refrigerator for 4-5 days if wrapped in plastic wrap.
You might like this recipe:
Can apple tarts be made ahead of time?
You can make the pie completely ahead of time and freeze it, then reheat it. Make the crust dough ahead of time, wrap it in plastic wrap, and chill or freeze it.
Should apple tart be refrigerated?
If the apple tart is whole and was baked less than two days ago, it does not need to be refrigerated. Put it in the fridge if you’ve cut into it or it’s been out on the counter for more than two days.
What are the ingredients to make easy individual cinnamon apple tarts with maple whipped cream?
This recipe has a prep time of 20 minutes plus time to thaw puff pastry. It cooks for about 35 to 40 minutes and will yield 4 apple tarts. The following are the ingredients you’re going to need:
- Frozen puff pastry – It’s cheap and may be found beside frozen pie crusts in the frozen food dessert department.
- Egg yolk – You can either beat and freeze the egg white or keep it and use it in an omelet for breakfast.
- Unsalted butter – It allows us to regulate the amount of salt we consume.
- Apples – Because they don’t cook for very long, practically any apple will do.
- Brown sugar – Remember that 1 cup white sugar with 1-2 tablespoons molasses equals 1 cup brown sugar if you don’t keep it since it hardens too rapidly.
- Ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves – The “apple tart spices.”
- Heavy whipped cream – Ideal for topping on the tarts.
- Maple syrup – Because maple and apples go so well together, use this instead of ordinary sugar to flavor the whipped cream.
How to make easy individual cinnamon apple tarts with maple whipped cream?
Now that you have gathered all of your ingredients, it is time to make this recipe. Follow the instructions below.
First, puff pastry should be defrosted overnight in the refrigerator.
Then preheat the oven to 400°F with the top oven rack in the middle position.
Blend 1 pint heavy whipping cream with a hand or immersion mixer until it doubles in volume in a large mixing basin. Then sprinkle in the maple syrup and continue to combine until the mixture is light and fluffy. Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
To make an egg wash, whisk together one egg yolk and water until smooth. Place aside.
Next, remove the thawed puff pastry from the fridge. Roll pastry into a uniform square shape on a lightly floured surface. Place squares on a large rimmed baking sheet coated with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking mat and cut into four equal-sized squares.
While preparing the apple mixture, dock (pierce with a fork) the middle of each dough square and set the baking sheet in the freezer.
Then in a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Cook, stirring periodically, for 3-4 minutes or until apple slices are tender. Brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground cloves should all be added to the pan. Remove from heat and set aside after stirring to mix.
Remove one-quarter of the apple mixture from the freezer and pour it into the center of each square of puff pastry. To “seal” the pastry, fold each corner toward the center of the square, but leave a couple of vents.
Preheat the oven and place the baking sheet inside. Bake for 25–30 minutes, or until the crust is light and fluffy. The tart should be a beautiful golden brown when done. Because each oven’s cooking time will vary, keep an eye on the pastries to avoid overbrowning.
Lastly, remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Top with maple whipped cream and/or ice cream before serving. Enjoy!
Now that you know all you need to know about easy individual cinnamon apple tarts with maple whipped cream, it is time to print or save the recipe with the exact measurements.
Not ready to print? No problem! Save this pin in your Pinterest account by clicking the pin button located in the recipe card.
- 1 pack frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 T. water
- 3 T. unsalted butter
- 3 medium apples, peeled, cored and cut into thin slices
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 2 t. ground cinnamon
- 1 t. nutmeg
- 1 t. ground cloves
Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 1 pint heavy whipped cream
- 2 T. maple syrup
- Defrost puff pastry in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Adjust top oven rack to middle position and pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, blend 1 pint of heavy whipping cream with a hand or immersion blender it doubles in volume. Then, drizzle maple syrup into the bowl and continue blending until the mixture is light and fluffy. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Prepare an egg wash by beating one egg yolk with water until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Remove thawed puff pastry from refrigerator. Place pastry on a lightly floured surface and roll dough into a uniform square shape. Cut into 4 equal-sized squares and place squares on a large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking mat.
- Dock (pierce with a fork) the center of each pastry square and place the baking sheet in the freezer while preparing the apple mixture.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add apple slices and cook for 3-4 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground cloves to pan. Stir to combine, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove prepared puff pastry from the freezer and spoon one-quarter of the apple mixture into the center of each square. Fold each corner toward the middle of the square to “close” the pastry, but leave a couple openings to vent.
- Brush puff pastry with egg wash and sprinkle with additional cinnamon, if desired.
- Place the baking sheet in the pre-heated oven. Bake until pastry is light and puffy, approximately 25–30 minutes. When ready, the tart should be a rich golden brown. Actual cooking time will vary by individual oven, so keep a close eye on the pastries to avoid over-browning.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly. To serve, top with maple whipped cream and/or your favorite ice cream. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 4gSugar: 28gProtein: 3g
These nutritional calculations might not be accurate. Please speak with a licensed nutritionist to assist you.