Make finger food appetizers on a stick out of a classic Greek salad. Greek Salad Skewers is also really simple to cook and eat, making it ideal for a cocktail party or game day. Summer is yet the best time to make this quick and easy no-cook appetizer, but it’s also good all year round.
Why doesn’t Greek salad have lettuce?
Good Greek olive oil is used in a good Greek salad (extra-virgin, of course). For American sensibilities, this may be overly fragrant and pungent. Lettuce, especially iceberg lettuce, which is insipid, is not used in a good Greek salad. A good Greek salad should not be eaten directly from the fridge.
You might like these recipes:
How do you skewer feta without breaking it?
Thread one tomato, feta cube, olive, and cucumber slice onto each skewer to make the skewers. Set out on a serving platter. (To avoid cracking and/or fracturing the feta, hold it tightly between your fingers as you thread it on.)
How do you stop feta crumbling?
For 10 seconds, submerge the feta in freezing cold water. This will remove any remaining brine and make it more stable. Break it up into little pieces using your hands or the tines of a fork for salads. They don’t have to be huge; small pieces will suffice.
What are the ingredients to make Greek Salad Skewers?
This recipe takes 10 minutes to prepare and serves as a light snack for 4 to 6 people. It may, however, be readily scaled up to accommodate larger groups and/or larger parties. The following are the ingredients that you’re going to need:
- Organic cucumber – Simply cut each slice in half if you don’t want it to be too big.
- Feta cheese – It will be moist and will not dry out as quickly.
- Grape or cherry tomatoes – Both grape and cherry tomatoes work well. When skewering tomatoes, make sure they’re not too little or too ripe so they don’t crush when you skewer them.
- Black olives – They’ll have a milder flavor.
- Virgin olive oil – This dish will benefit from the addition of extra virgin olive oil, which will provide much-needed fat.
- Dried Italian seasoning – With a very faint sweetness and a trace of mint, the flavor is savory, earthy, and piney.
- Sea salt and black pepper – Seasonings that most recipes call for.
You will also need 12 8-inch wooden skewers.
How to make Greek Salad Skewers?
Now that you’ve gathered all of your ingredients, it’s time to cook this recipe. Take a look at the steps listed below.
Place cucumber slices on a serving tray and top with a piece of Feta cheese on top of each one.
To top each skewer, gently drive the flat end of a wooden skewer through the cheese and cucumber until secure, then top with a tomato and a black olive.
Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the skewers and season with Italian spice just before serving. To taste, season with salt and black pepper and enjoy!
Now that you know all you need to know about Greek Salad Skewers, it is time to print or save the recipe with the exact measurements.
Not ready to print? No problem! Save this pin in your Pinterest account by clicking the pin button located in the recipe card.
Greek Salad Skewers
Summer is the best time to make this quick and easy no-cook appetizer, but it's also good all year round. This recipe serves 4 to 6 people as a light appetizer as indicated. It may, however, be readily scaled up to accommodate larger groups and larger parties.
- 1 small organic cucumber, cut into 12 equally thick slices
- 8 oz. block Feta cheese, cut into 12 equal-size chunks
- 12 grape or cherry tomatoes, any color
- 12 large black olives, pitted
- To Serve:
- High-quality extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- ½ t. dried Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Arrange cucumber slices on a serving platter and top each with a chunk of Feta cheese.
Gently press the flat end of a wooden skewer through the cheese and cucumber until secure, then add a tomato, followed by a black olive to top each skewer.
Right before serving, drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the skewers and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 462mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 6g
These nutritional calculations might not be accurate. Please speak with a licensed nutritionist to assist you.