Indulge in a tantalizing symphony of flavors with our mouthwatering delight, the Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers. Crisp, smoky bacon embraces the fiery embrace of fresh jalapeño peppers, creating a harmonious fusion that excites the taste buds with every delectable bite.
This irresistible appetizer showcases the perfect balance between heat and savory richness, making it an instant crowd-pleaser at any gathering or party. The creamy, velvety filling of cream cheese and a medley of cheeses elevates the experience, offering a cooling contrast to the jalapeño’s spicy kick. Baked to golden perfection, each popper promises an explosion of taste and texture that keeps you coming back for more.
What goes with bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers?
Bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers pair exceptionally well with a variety of complementary dishes and beverages.
Here are some delicious options:
Serve them with a side of cool and creamy dipping sauces like ranch dressing, sour cream, or a zesty aioli to balance out the spiciness.
Fresh and crisp sides like a garden salad, cucumber slices, or watermelon cubes can provide a refreshing contrast to the rich and savory flavors of the poppers.
Try pairing them with a fruity salsa made with mango, pineapple, or peach, which adds a delightful tropical twist to the dish.
Beer or Margaritas
For beverages, opt for a cold beer like pale ale or lager, or a refreshing margarita to complement the spicy and savory notes of the poppers.
The creamy texture of guacamole provides a fantastic contrast to the crispy and spicy poppers, creating a winning combination.
Why are my jalapeno poppers not spicy?
The primary reason why your jalapeño poppers might not be as spicy as expected could be the use of milder jalapeños, as their heat level varies depending on the variety and age. Additionally, removing the seeds and white membranes inside the peppers during preparation significantly reduces their spiciness.
Overcooking the poppers or choosing mild fillings that overshadow the jalapeño’s natural heat can also contribute to their lack of spiciness. Personal tolerance to spice varies among individuals, so what may be perceived as mild for some could be spicier for others.
To enhance the spiciness of your poppers, consider using spicier jalapeños, retaining some seeds and membranes, adjusting the filling, or reducing the cooking time while keeping in mind your guests’ spice preferences.
How do you get the batter to stick to jalapeno poppers?
To get the batter to stick to jalapeño poppers, follow these steps:
- Dry the Jalapeños: Before battering, make sure the jalapeños are dry. Excess moisture can prevent the batter from adhering properly. Use a clean kitchen towel or paper towels to gently pat them dry.
- Flour Coating: Dip each jalapeño popper into all-purpose flour. The flour creates a dry surface that helps the batter adhere better to the peppers.
- Batter Consistency: Prepare the batter according to your chosen recipe, ensuring it has a smooth and slightly thick consistency. It should be thick enough to coat the jalapeños but not too runny.
- Batter Dip: Dip the floured jalapeño poppers into the batter, ensuring they are fully coated. You can use your hands or a fork to do this, depending on your preference.
- Shake Off Excess Batter: After dipping, gently shake off any excess batter from the jalapeños. This step prevents the batter from becoming too thick and uneven during frying.
- Fry Immediately: Fry the battered jalapeño poppers immediately after coating them to ensure the batter sticks well while cooking. Fry until the batter turns golden brown and crispy.
What are the ingredients to make Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers?
This recipe has 10 minutes of prep time and 20 to 25 minutes of cooking time. Here are the ingredients you’re going to need for 24 appetizers.
- Jalapeño peppers – They can vary quite a bit in size so for best results, choose uniformly sized small to medium peppers for this recipe.
- Cream cheese – Provides a creamy and smooth texture, acting as the base filling for the jalapeño poppers.
- Cheddar cheese – Adds a rich and tangy flavor, enhancing the overall taste of the poppers.
- Garlic powder – Adds a subtle garlic flavor, complementing the other ingredients.
- Sea salt and black pepper – Seasonings that enhance the overall taste and bring out the flavors of the other ingredients.
- Bacon – Adds a smoky and savory flavor while also providing a crispy texture.
- Fresh parsley leaves – Used as a garnish to add a fresh and vibrant touch to the poppers and enhance their visual appeal.
How to make Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers?
It’s time to put this recipe together now that you’ve gathered all of your ingredients.
Before anything else, remember that the cheese mixture will puff up a bit while baking, so don’t overstuff each pepper half while filling or the cheese may overflow onto the baking sheet.
- Now preheat the oven to 375°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking mat then set it aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper according to your taste, and stir it to combine.
- Next, fill each jalapeño half with some of the cheese mixture and wrap with one-half slice bacon. Secure the bacon with a toothpick and set it on the prepared baking sheet.
- After that, place the baking sheet in the pre-heated oven and bake until the cheese mixture is golden-brown and bubbly, and the bacon is cooked through for approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet once halfway through cooking to ensure even browning.
- Lastly, remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the poppers to a serving platter. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Now that you know all you need to know about Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers, it is time to print or save the recipe with the exact measurements.
Not ready to print? No problem! Save this pin in your Pinterest account by clicking the pin button located in the recipe card.
- 12 medium jalapeño peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temp
- 1 c. cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 t. garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half
- 2 T. fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Fill each jalapeño half with some of the cheese mixture and wrap with one-half slice bacon. Secure bacon with a toothpick and set on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the pre-heated oven and bake until the cheese mixture is golden-brown and bubbly, and the bacon is cooked through, approximately 20-25 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet once halfway through cooking to ensure even browning.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the poppers to a serving platter. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Jalapeño peppers can vary quite a bit in size. For best results, choose uniformly sized small to medium peppers for this recipe.
The cheese mixture will puff up a bit while baking, so don’t overstuff each pepper half while filling or the cheese may overflow onto the baking sheet.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 173mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
These nutritional calculations might not be accurate. Please speak with a licensed nutritionist to assist you.