Let’s talk about blue cheese, mushroom and bacon slicer for a minute!
Did I get your attention? Let’s begin!
Now, as a mom trying to keep the amount of carbs intake I have to admit that it wasn’t as easy as I thought. Trying to find a good Keto or low carb recipe that tastes good might be a challenge since I tend just to love carbs!
This blue cheese, mushroom and bacon slicer recipe passed my test, and it is why I’m here writing this post about it.
Now, this bacon slider recipe is super delicious, and one bite and you will forget about the bun. I did!
Seriously have to say that is very juicy and flavorful it became a favorite in our home.
How To Make Blue Cheese, Mushroom and Bacon Sliders
You are going to learn how to make this blue cheese, mushroom, bacon slider and we are going to start by gathering our ingredients.
Check out these low-carb recipes:
Ingredients for Blue Cheese, Mushroom and Bacon Sliders
For this slider recipe you are going to need:
- ground beef
- Dijon mustard
- garlic cloves
- Sea salt
- black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- white mushrooms
- Crumbled blue cheese
- bacon strips
Now that we have the ingredients let’s make this blue cheese, mushroom and bacon slicer recipe!
Step 1 – Preheat oven broiler to high.
Step 2 – Using a medium bowl add ground beef, mustard, garlic and onion and mix well.
Step 3 – Add salt and pepper to taste and again mix well.
Step 4 – Divide the mixture into 8 portions.
Step 5 – Shape each portion into small patties.
Step 6 – On a flat surface use your thumb and press the center to keep them from puffing up while they broil.
Step 7 – Set aside.
Step 8 – Using an oven-safe skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
Step 9 – Add the mushrooms and cook until they are brown for about 5 minutes.
Step 10 – Remove from heat and place the cooked mushrooms into a small bowl.
Step 11- Add the remaining olive oil to a pan and coat the bottom.
Step 12 – Add the patties on the skillet and cook until brown on both sides.
Step 13 – Remove them from heat and top each slider with sauteed mushroom and blue cheese.
Step 14 – Place skillet under the broiler for 2 – 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
Step 15 – Remove from oven.
Step 16 – Top sliders with bacon and serve on a bed of lettuce.
Your Blue Cheese, Mushroom and Bacon Sliders is done!
You can serve this Blue Cheese, Mushroom and Bacon Sliders with broccoli.
Now it is time to print this recipe!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 t. Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 T. white onion, finely minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 oz. white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 3 strips bacon, cut into thirds and cooked
- Preheat oven broiler to high and set top oven rack to the second highest setting.
- Add ground beef, mustard, garlic, and onion to a medium bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and mix with a fork or your fingers until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Divide beef mixture into 8 portions and shape each into small patties. Set patties on a plate and gently press each with your thumb in the center to keep them from puffing up while cooking. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large, oven-safe skillet. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are nicely browned, approximately 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer mushrooms to a small bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to a pan and swirl to coat the bottom. Add slider patties to the skillet and cook until brown on each side, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and top each slider with sautéed mushrooms and crumbled blue cheese. Place skillet in oven under broiler for 2-3 minutes, or until blue cheese starts to melt.
- Remove skillet from oven and top each slider with a piece of bacon and serve immediately on a bed of lettuce and with a side of steamed broccoli, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 317mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 20g