Dive into a delightful journey of flavors and textures with a signature creation, the IP Maple Bread Pudding. This exquisite dessert embodies the perfect marriage of traditional goodness and modern culinary finesse.
Each luscious bite invites you to savor the rich, velvety base of moist bread soaked in a heavenly blend of pure Canadian maple syrup and creamy custard. With a hint of warm spices and a touch of vanilla, this indulgent treat transcends expectations, leaving a lingering sweetness that warms the soul.
Crafted with love and passion, this IP Maple Bread Pudding promises to be an unforgettable experience for your taste buds!
Why is it called bread pudding?
The dessert is called “bread pudding” because it is traditionally made by combining stale or leftover bread with a custard mixture. The bread acts as the main ingredient and is soaked in a mixture of eggs, milk or cream, sugar, and sometimes additional flavorings such as spices, fruits, or syrups. The custard mixture binds the bread together and gives the dish its creamy texture when baked.
Over time, variations of bread pudding have emerged, incorporating different ingredients and flavors, making it a beloved and versatile dessert enjoyed in various cultures around the world.
What is the best way to eat bread pudding?
The best way to eat bread pudding is a matter of personal preference, as it can be enjoyed in various ways depending on individual tastes.
Here are some popular ways to savor this delightful dessert:
Warm and Fresh
Enjoy the bread pudding while it’s still warm from the oven. The contrast between the creamy interior and slightly crispy top is delightful.
With a Dollop of Whipped Cream
Serve a generous dollop of freshly whipped cream on top of the bread pudding for an added touch of richness and flavor.
Drizzled with Sauce
Enhance the dessert by drizzling it with a sauce like caramel, chocolate, or a classic vanilla custard sauce.
Pair with Ice Cream
Create a perfect balance of temperatures and textures by serving a scoop of ice cream alongside the warm bread pudding.
Customize with Toppings
Get creative and add your favorite toppings like chopped nuts, fresh berries, or a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Why is my bread pudding too dry?
There are a few reasons why your bread pudding may have turned out too dry:
- Bread Selection: The type of bread used can greatly impact the texture of the pudding. If you use bread that is too dry or stale, it may not absorb enough of the custard mixture, resulting in a dry outcome.
- Custard Ratio: The custard mixture should have enough liquid to thoroughly soak the bread. If the ratio of eggs, milk, and sugar to the amount of bread is off, the bread pudding may end up dry.
- Overbaking: Baking the bread pudding for too long or at too high a temperature can cause it to dry out. It’s essential to monitor the baking time and temperature to ensure it cooks evenly without becoming overly dry.
- Incorrect Storage: Storing the bread pudding improperly, especially in a dry environment, can lead to it losing moisture over time.
To prevent your bread pudding from becoming dry, consider using fresh and soft bread, ensure the custard mixture is well-balanced, and avoid overbaking. If you have already made a dry bread pudding, you can try serving it with a sauce, ice cream, or whipped cream to add moisture and enhance the overall experience.
What are the ingredients to make IP Maple Bread Pudding?
This recipe has a prep time of 2 minutes and cook time of 40 minutes. Here are the ingredients you’re going to need for 4 servings.
- Bread – Brioche is a favorite because it absorbs the flavors of the custard and contributes to the dessert’s unique texture and overall appeal.
- Eggs – Contribute to the creamy and rich consistency of the custard mixture.
- Milk – Provides the primary source of moisture.
- Brown sugar – Adds a rich and caramel-like sweetness.
- Maple syrup – Its rich and robust taste adds depth and complexity to the dessert, making it more indulgent and enjoyable.
- Salt – Helps balance the sweetness.
- Nutmeg – For warm, aromatic, and slightly nutty flavor.
- Vanilla extract – A potent flavoring agent that imparts a rich, sweet, and floral aroma.
- Water – Helps maintain the desired consistency.
How to make IP Maple Bread Pudding?
It’s time to put this recipe together now that you’ve gathered all of your ingredients.
- Begin by whisk together the eggs, milk, brown sugar, maple syrup, salt, nutmeg, and vanilla.
- Then cut the bread into pieces and soak them in the bowl for 3-4 minutes.
- Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- After that, pour the bread mixture into the bundt pan and cover it tightly with foil.
- Place the Instant Pot trivet into the liner and pour in the water.
- Next, put the bundt pan into the liner and close the Instant Pot lid.
- Set the valve to sealing and press Manual.
- Set time to 25 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot beeps, allow it to naturally release for 10 minutes, and then release the valve.
- Then using pot holders, remove the pan and trivet and allow it to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Lastly, remove the foil and serve the dessert with your favorite toppings.
Now that you know all you need to know about IP Maple Bread Pudding, it is time to print or save the recipe with the exact measurements.
Not ready to print? No problem! Save this pin in your Pinterest account by clicking the pin button located in the recipe card.
- 4 slices of bread(brioche is my favorite)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- Whisk together eggs, milk, brown sugar, maple syrup, salt, nutmeg, and vanilla.
- Cut bread into pieces and soak in the bowl for 3-4 minutes
- Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray
Pour bread mixture into bundt pan and cover tightly with foil
- Place Instant Pot trivet into liner and pour in water
- Put the bundt pan into the liner and close the Instant Pot lid
- Set the valve to sealing and press Manual
Set time to 25 minutes
- When the Instant Pot beeps, allow to natural release for 10 minutes and then release the valve
- Using pot holders, remove pan and trivet and allow to cool for a couple minutes
Remove foil and serve with your favorite toppings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 230mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 1gSugar: 33gProtein: 8g
These nutritional calculations might not be accurate. Please speak with a licensed nutritionist to assist you.