Apple Crumble Stuffed Baked Apples
- 8 large apples (I used Red Delicious apples but you could substitute for any variety you prefer)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of ground ginger
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled large flake oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel and chop 2 of the apples. Toss with lemon juice.
- In a medium frying pan, melt 1/4 cup butter and add 1 tbsp cinnamon and pinch of ginger.
- Whisk in the brown sugar.
- Add the chopped apples to the pan and cook on medium heat until softened. Stir occasionally.
- Combine the topping ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Using the remaining 6 apples, slice off the tops.
- Use an apple corer or a knife and spoon to remove some of the insides out of the apples. Make a little pit or hole in each of the apples large enough to fit some of the chopped apples into. Make sure that you leave the bottom of the apples intact.
- Place the 6 apples into a baking dish (I used a glass 8″ x 10″ baking dish)
- Spoon the chopped apple mixture into the holes of the whole apples. It’s ok if they overflow out of the hole.
- Take the apple crumble topping and press it onto the tops of the apples, making sort of a cap for each.
- Carefully place the baking dish into the oven and bake for 45 – 60 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with some ice cream. I really enjoy butterscotch ripple ice cream with this!
Recipe by The Happy Home Life at https://www.thehappyhomelife.com/apple-crumble-stuffed-baked-apples/